Friday, May 21, 2010

Bonjour!

So, I have arrived in Montreal, and I am ready to begin my quest for Montreal's greatest Bagel. As the title suggests, the details of my carbohydrate canvassing will be served up with a little side of snark because, let's be honest, we'll both be bored with a bunch of bagel photos. Now let us take a moment to pray for the success of my mission -

Our baker, who art in Montreal,
wood-fired be thy beguel.
Thy customers come.
They will have one,
with lox as well as cream cheese.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our carb loading,
as we forgive those on the Atkins diet.
Lead us straight into breakfast,
and deliver us our meal.
For thine is honey-boiled, seasame-sprinkled,
and glorious with everything.
Amen.
Tomorrow I will visit Fairmount Bagel.*
* Shout out to Kevin for inspiring this little blogging endeavor 

No comments:

Post a Comment